SummerStage NYC is a free summer performing arts festival in New York City parks. A few benefit concerts support the festival. SummerStage Anywhere concerts can be streamed. SummerStage NYC is produced by the City Parks Foundation.
Sunday, June 26, 2022
Flushing Meadows Corona Park
June 11 – September 22, 2022
NEW YORK CITY PARKS
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island
Performers range from world-famous artists to local talent. Co-presenters usually include the Blue Note Jazz Festival, Brasil Summerfest, LAMC Latin Alternative Music Conference and the Metropolitan Opera.
The Festival is run by women with a mission of diversity and inclusion. The annual lineup features a 50/50 gender balance. In 2021, 95% of the performers identify as BIPOC (Black Indigenous People of Color or just us).
There tend to be more Latin artists in August, but SummerStage is fun no matter who is performing. One of the joys of summer in New York City is discovering new music at all the festivals. It’s not summer in New York without SummerStage.
Only benefit concerts require tickets.
Free shows are first-come, first-serve. Don’t bring anything with you, and get in line at least an hour (or two) ahead. No kidding.
If you don’t get in, enjoy the music outside from the park. SummerStage picnics with friends are fun.
SummerStage NYC Parks
It changes every year, but these NYC parks have been used for past festivals.
- Central Park SummerStage, the main venue, is at Rumsey Playfield. The nearest entrance is 69th St at Fifth Avenue.
- East River Park Amphitheater in the Lower East Side
- Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem
- Marcus Garvey Park in Harlem
- Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn Heights
- Ford Amphitheater in Coney Island
- Von King Park in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Crotona Park
- St Mary’s Park
- Williamsbridge Oval Park
- Clove Lakes Park in Castelton Corners
- Corporal Thompson Park in Port Richmond
Past SummerStage NYC Festivals
There are many good memories here.
See you at SummerStage NYC!