SummerStage NYC is a mostly free summer performing arts festival presents shows at parks in all five New York City boroughs (counties). It’s not summer in New York City without SummerStage.
The most amazing artists perform. Some are superstars and some you never heard of, so every season you discover great new artists.
We are #AllInNYC so there is something for everyone. SummerStage regularly partners with LAMC the Latin Alternative Music Conference and Brasil Summerfest. August programming is usually more Latin.
Past Latin music programming has included afrobeat, boleros, calypso, flamenco, folk music, freestyle, hip hop, konpa (Haitian dance music) opera, pop, reggae/dancehall, rock, salsa.
Past Latin dance programming includes ballet, modern and contemporary dance.
Some venues, like the main venue, Central Park SummerStage at Rumsey Playfield, fill up. If you really want to get in, get in line at least 2 hours early. But you can always hang around outside on the grass and enjoy the performance at a picnic with friends. It’s even more fun that way.
SummerStage NYC is produced by the City Parks Foundation.
SummerStage NYC 2020
To keep New Yorkers and visitors safe during the Coronavirus epidemic, SummerStage NYC has gone virtual as SummerStage Anywhere.
- Mondays ~ Contemporary Dance
- Tuesdays ~ Global
- Wednesdays ~ Indie Rock
- Thursdays ~ Latin
- Fridays ~ Hip Hop
- Saturdays ~ Jazz
Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 8pm
SUMMERSTAGE ANYWHERE SOCIAL CHANNELS
Thursday, July 16, 2020, 8-10pm
YouTube, Facebook & Twitch
Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2pm
SUMMERSTAGE YouTube & Facebook
Friday, June 26, 2020
Friday, June 19, 2020
INSTAGRAM and YOUTUBE
These NYC parks have been used for past festivals.
- The main SummerStage venue, Central Park SummerStage, is Rumsey Playfield in Central Park
- East River Park Amphitheater in the Lower East Side
- Marcus Garvey Park in Harlem
- Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem
- Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn Heights
- Ford Amphitheater in Coney Island
- Von King Park in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Queensbridge Park in Long Island City
- Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria
- Soundview Park in Soundview
- Springfield Park in Springfield Gardens
- Crotona Park
- Williamsbridge Oval Park
Staten Island Parks
- Clove Lakes Park in Castelton Corners
- Corporal Thompson Park in Port Richmond
Past SummerStage NYC Festivals
There are some good memories in here.
Mondays ~ Contemporary Dance
Tuesdays ~ Global
Wednesdays ~ Indie Rock
Thursdays ~ Latin
Fridays ~ Hip Hop
Saturdays ~ Jazz
June – October, 2019
African, Argentine, Brazilian, Chilean, Colombian, Creole, Cuban, Dominican, French, Garifuna, Haitian, Indigenous, Italian, Jewish, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Spanish culture and more. FREE
JUNE – SEPTEMBER
Central Park SummerStage
Rumsey Playfield, Central Park
Parks across NYC
May – October
June 21 – September 10, 2017