FIAF’s Bastille Day Celebration 2022 is a fun street fair with live music, dance performances, a film screening, wine and champagne tastings, and French food.
It’s produced by FIAF, the French Institute Alliance Française, NYC’s French cultural center.
Bastille Day celebrates the storming of the Bastille prison fortress on July 14, in 1789. It marked the end of the French monarchy and the beginning of the French Revolution.
FIAF’s Bastille Day 2022 Celebration
FIAF’s Bastille Day 2022 Celebration is a street fair of French culture on Madison Avenue from 59th St to 63rd St on Sunday, July 10, 2022 from 12noon to 5pm. Free. 🇫🇷
There is French market with over 40 vendors of French food, beauty, fashion, culture and travel products.
Main Stage Performances
The main stage is on Madison Avenue at 59th St.
- 12:30pm: Opening remarks.
- 1pm: Preview of French musical “Notre Dame de Paris.”
- 1:45pm: Cal Hunt and street dancers.
- 3pm: Paul Beaubrun sings roots Blues.
- 4pm: DJ Orson spins a street dance party.
Wine & Champagne Tastings
These are at FIAF at 22 East 60th St.
- 1:30-3pm: Champagne & Musette Party in Le Skyroom.
- 12:30-5pm: Summer in the South of France in the Tinker Auditorium.
French Film Screening
This is at FIAF at 22 East 60th St.
- 5:30pm: Matthieu Rozé’s “Azuro” starring Valérie Donzelli.
For a full schedule, visit fiaf.org