The Independent New York contemporary art fair is at Spring Street Studios in Tribeca, Manhattan, during Armory Week, Thursday-Sunday, March 7-10, 2019. From $29
Independent New York
Everybody tries to be different, but Independent New York is. It’s a more intimate art fair that is invitation-only and without booths. It’s almost more a gathering of art lovers and collectors than an art fair. Maybe it is more about appreciating art, than about selling art. That makes it different.
Being downtown in Tribeca gives the Fair a different vibe than the other Armory Week art fairs.
The Fair was founded in 2009 in the old Dia Center for the Arts on 22nd St in Chelsea. The entire Chelsea art district grew out of Dia’s presence. It used to be just that one street.
10th Independent New York 2019
As always, you may find a sprinkling of Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese art in the show.
The Latin galleries include:
- Air de Paris of Paris, France
- Galerie Isabella Bortolozzi of Berlin, Germany
- Galerie Christophe Gaillard of Paris, France
- Loevenbruck of Paris, France
- Marlborough Gallery of New York, Barcelona, London & Madrid
- Peres Projects of Berlin, Germany ( Cuban)
- Ricco/Maresca Gallery of New York
Find more information at www.independenthq.com
Independent New York Tickets
- Thursday, March 7: Private viewing (invitation only)
- Friday, March 8: 12-7pm
- Saturday, March 9: 12-7pm
- Sunday, March 10: 12-6pm
Tickets are available at the door and online at www.independenthq.com (EventBrite)
One day: $29
Run of Show: $50
15% of proceeds benefit White Columns, a New York-based non-profit that supports emerging artists. Over almost half a century, White Columns has helped a number of artists who eventually gained fame for their work.
Spring Street Studios
50 Varick St, New York, NY 10013
(between Laight St & Beach St)