The 45th Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks 2021 is in person and live on NBC on Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 8pm ET. FREE #MacysFireworks macys.com
The show is on NBC channel 4 from 8-10pm ET. This season honors America’s community heroes and resilient spirit.
Renée Elise Goldsberry (“Hamilton,” “Girls5eva”) and Ryan Eggold (“New Amsterdam”) co-host. The musical line-up includes:
- The United States Army Field Band & Soldiers’ Chorus will play “The Star-Spangled Banner” and “America the Beautiful”
- Broadway Inspirational Voices celebrates the reopening of Broadway with “Lift Every Voice & Sing”
- Tori Kelly will sing “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
- Black Pumas sings psychedelic soul
- Blake Shelton (“The Voice”)sings country music
- Coldplay rocks the world
- Jonas Brothers sing “Leave Before You Love Me.”
- OneRepublic pops some rock
- Reba Mcentire sings country music
Seeing the 2021 Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Live
Around 9:25pm, more than 65,000 fireworks will be launched from five barges on the East River between 23rd St and 42nd St in Manhattan. There will be more than two miles of public viewing space. Go very early. We would go two hours ahead.
Fully vaccinated New Yorkers (proof of vaccination required) can enter elevated viewing points on FDR Drive from East 23rd St, East 34th St, and East 42nd St.
There was some information that Non-vaccinated New Yorkers can watch the fireworks from designated waterfronts in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. But we can’t find any information on which waterfronts.
There will be traffic and parking restrictions in Williamsburg and Greenpoint.
According to Macy’s fireworks will not be visible from Battery Park, Battery Park City, South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Grand Ferry Park, Hunter’s Point South Waterfront Park or Roosevelt Island.
Watching the fireworks live is a great family experience. There is usually no parking near the viewing areas, so be prepared for lots of walking there and back. NYPD is managing access. Please be nice. They are trying. Because of security, don’t bring stuff.