The National Puerto Rican Day Parade is again awarding one hundred $2,000 scholarships to high school and college students of Puerto Rican descent who are making a difference in their communities.
To qualify, you must have:
- Puerto Rican descent
- GPA 3.0 or better
- High school senior or college freshman through junior
- College students must be enrolled full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university
- A record of volunteer work or community service
The process is:
- Complete an Application Form which includes:
- Biography and short essay about Puerto Rican culture
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Having your school send transcripts directly to the NPRDP
- Selection Committee interview
Scholarships are open to students across the United States including in Puerto Rico.
Money is important, but earning a scholarship from the Parade is not only about that. It provides a win for your resumé and an opportunity to connect with other young Puerto Ricans with a bright future.
The application deadline is Saturday, February 29, 2020. The last minute is for losers. Apply now.
Get complete information and the application form at www.nprdpinc.org