Lincoln Square is an Upper West Side residential neighborhood from 59th to 72nd St between the Hudson River and Central Park West.
It’s a modern culture and shopping district anchored by Lincoln Center.
Things to Do in Lincoln Square
The weekly farmers market at Richard Tucker Square is popular. It offers the fruits of the season.
The neighborhood’s big annual event is Winter’s Eve at Lincoln Square.
The neighborhood is the home of Lincoln Center and:
- American Folk Art Museum folkartmuseum.org
- Columbus Circle
- Fordham University fordham.edu
- Juilliard School
- Merkin Concert Hall (Kaufman Music Center) kaufmanmusiccenter.org
- New York Society for Ethical Culture ethical.nyc
Lincoln Square Restaurants
- Bar Boulud is a good French restaurant. barboulud.com 🇫🇷
- Empire Rooftop is a cool rooftop bar. It shares the roof with the Empire Hotel neon sign. theempirerooftop.com
- Rosa Mexicano is a good Mexican restaurant that is popular with the dance crowd. The guacamole prepared at your table is excellent. rosamexicano.com 🇲🇽
- Tavern on the Green is in Central Park next to the neighborhood.
An Old Neighborhood
Lincoln Square is on the site of San Juan Hill, one of NYC’s main African Diaspora neighborhoods in the 1920s. It was home to both African Americans and Afro Caribbeans.
The legendary Broadway musical and movie “West Side Story” is about the old neighborhood that was razed to build Lincoln Center.
[To be confirmed]
Monday, November 28, 2022
129 West 67th St
between Broadway & Amsterdam
Lincoln Square, Manhattan