Americas Society / Council of the Americas (ASCOA) is a forum for education, debate, and dialogue on political, social, economic, and cultural issues of Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada.
It produces excellent music and arts programs in a beautifully restored Park Avenue mansion.
The audience is Upper East Side academic. It’s a good place for networking.
- Susan Segal is AS/COA President and CEO.
- Aimé Iglesias Lukin is Director and Chief Curator, Visual Arts. 🇦🇷
- Sebastián Zubieta is Director, Music of the Americas. 🇦🇷
Thank you Americas Society for sponsoring Latin music at New York Latin Culture Magazine!
Americas Society Features
Americas Society News
Flag Series: Raul Mourão is a public art installation of Mourão’s “The New Brazilian Flag #3, (2018); at Americas Society on 68th St in the Upper East Side; from January 24 – May 30, 2023. FREE! as-coa.org 🇧🇷
Bispo do Rosário: All Existing Materials on Earth, the first U.S. solo exhibition of the genius outsider artist; is at Americas Society in the Upper East Side; from Wednesday, January 25 – May 20, 2023. FREE! 🇧🇷
Deep Marajó: Contemporary Marajoara Ceramics, an art exhibition of contemporary ceramics from the Marajó archipelago at the mouth of the Amazon River; is at Americas Society in the Upper East Side; from Wednesday, January 25 – May 20, 2023. FREE! as-coa.org 🇧🇷
New York French Canadian Bernard Labadie conducts Orchestra of St Luke’s “Viajes y Raices” (Journeys and Roots) string quartets by composers with Cuban and Andean roots, including Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Tania León, inti figgis-vizueta, and Keyla Orozco; at Americas Society in the Upper East Side; on Friday, March 3, 2023 at 7pm. Free with registration at as-coa.org 🇨🇺 🇨🇦 🇺🇸
This is just from 2022.
- Antonio Meneses classical cellist. 🇧🇷
- Diego Sánchez Haase contemporary opera. 🇪🇸🇵🇾
- Fonema Consort contemporary classical music. 🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇷🇲🇽
- Guadalupe Peraza regional Mexican music. 🇲🇽
- Hélio Oiticia (1937-1980) contemporary art. 🇧🇷
- Jean Bernard Cerin baritone classical folk. 🇭🇹
- Luedji Luna pop. 🇧🇷
- Magos Herrera jazz singer. 🇲🇽
- Melissa Joseph classical folk. 🇭🇹
- Nibia Pastrana Santiago contemporary art. 🇵🇷
- Opera Hispánica. 🇦🇷
- Orchestra of St Luke’s classical chamber music. 🇨🇦
- Rita Indiana writer, singer-songwriter. 🇩🇴
- São Paulo Chamber Soloists classical chamber music. 🇧🇷
- Wilfrido Terrazas contemporary classical flutist. 🇲🇽
- Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos award. 🇨🇴
- Kamchatka contemporary opera. 🇦🇷 🇫🇷
- The Metropolis in Latin America, 1830-1930 🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇱🇨🇺🇲🇽🇵🇪
About Americas Society
Americas Society was founded by David Rockefeller in 1965.
The Upper East Side is Manhattan’s wealthiest neighborhood.
Americas Society Tickets
680 Park Avenue
(at 68th St)
Upper East Side, Manhattan
(4)(6) to 68th St, walk 1 block west
(N)(Q)(R) to 72nd St, walk 4 blocks south and 3 blocks west
Some free events require an email RSVP.