Guggenheim Museum New York Features
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Cooper Hewitt Design Museum
Museum of the City of New York
El Museo del Barrio
🇺🇸 🇮🇱 🇵🇷
UPPER EAST SIDE
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Thursday-Tuesday, January 12-17, 2023
Upper East Side
Friday, November 8, 2019
UPPER EAST SIDE, NYC ~ This Guggenheim 60th Anniversary commission by a Mexican artist is a wonderful performance based on Lygia Pape’s ‘Divisor’ (1969) that shines a bright light on people at the Guggenheim Museum
Guggenheim Museum New York News
Get a first look at what’s coming to SummerStage, at the Works & Process Underground Uptown Dance Festival; featuring New York street dance highlights with:
- Ephrat Asherie Dance “Underscored,” and Music From The Sole‘s “I Didn’t Come To Stay” on Thursday, January 12 at 7:30pm. guggenheim.org
- “The Missing Element” on Friday, January 13 at 7:30pm. guggenheim.org
- Ladies of Hip-Hop “SpeakMyMind” on Saturday, January 14 at 7:30pm. guggenheim.org
- Les Ballet Afrik “New York is Burning” and Princess Lockeroo “Waacking” on Sunday, January 15 at 7:30pm. guggenheim.org
- LayeRhythm and Masterz at Work on Tuesday, January 17 at 7:30pm. guggenheim.org
at the Guggenheim Museum in Manhattan’s Upper East Side; from Thursday-Tuesday, January 12-17, 2023. From $5.
Gego: Measuring Infinity, an exhibition of the spatial investigations of the German Venezuelan modern artist; is at the Guggenheim Museum in Manhattan’s Upper East Side; March 31 – September 10, 2023. guggenheim.org 🇻🇪
The Museum Mile Festival open house street party is Tuesday, June 13, 2023.
About the Guggenheim Museum New York
The Guggenheim fortune was made in mining and smelting, including Colorado silver and Alaskan gold.
The collection was originally Solomon R. Guggenheim’s personal collection. He began showing it to the public from his apartment in the Plaza Hotel. The museum was founded in 1939 under the direction of German artist Hilla von Rebay.
The museum moved in 1959 to the iconic building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. You can walk up the spiral ramps or take the elevator to the top an unwind.
The Thannhauser Collection shows masters of Modern Art. 🇫🇷🇪🇸
Guggenheim Museum New York Tickets
Guggenheim Museum New York
1071 Fifth Avenue
(between 88th & 89th St)
Upper East Side, Manhattan
(4)(5)(6) to 86th St
(N)(Q)(R) to 86th St