The 26th Panamanian Parade NYC 2021 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn on Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 12pm. FREE panamanianparade.org
- Grand Marshal International: José Luis Fábrega Polleri, Panama City Mayor
- Grand Marshal: Bishop Eric D. Garnes, Funeral Director
- Grand Marshal: Alfonso Rogelio Greaves founder of Panama Express Shipping, and many Panamanian community organizations.
- Godmother & Godfather: Sherwin and Graciela Johnson, owners of Michelle’s Cocktail Lounge which is popular for business meetings and social events.
- Godfather: James A. Smith “DJ Coochie”
- Host: Edwin Pitti, Univision Washington DC political correspondent
- Host: Mai-Elka Prado Gil, founder of NYC’s Afro-Latino Festival.
The Panamanian Parade Gala is at Tropical Parades in East Flatbush, Brooklyn on Thu, Oct 7 from 7-11pm. Tickets $125 at panamanianparade.org
Saturday, October 9, 2021.
- Parade Opening Ceremony at 10:30am
- Parade starts at 12pm. It must end before about 2:30pm.
- Street Fair from 12-5pm
Panamanian Parade Route
- Start: Franklin Ave & Bergen St
- South on Franklin Ave
- West on President St
- North on Classon Ave along Dr. Ronald McNair Park
- Finish: Eastern Parkway
Panamanian Street Fair
The Panamanian Street Fair is on Classon Ave between Eastern Parkway and President St, and on Union St at Classon Ave. The Stage is on Classon Ave at Eastern Parkway.
The community usually joins the Hispanic Day Parade, but the 2021 Hispanic Day Parade is cancelled.