The Peruvian Parade in Passaic County, New Jersey is Metropolitan New York City’s big Peruvian festival.
Paterson, New Jersey is the U.S. capital of the Peruvian Diaspora. The Parade is held in the nearby towns of Clifton and Passaic.
33rd Peruvian Parade 2019
The 33rd Peruvian Parade celebrates the 198th anniversary of Peruvian independence in Passaic, New Jersey with a beauty contest, gala benefit, flag raising ceremony, parade and street fair.
Peruvian Parade Honorees
Peruvian Parade, Inc President Mario López and Mrs. Elisa Irene Lopez welcome:
- Grand Marshall Paul Martin of Vuelta Barrio
- Padrino Dominicano Lieutenant George Guzman
- Cultural Ambassador Rufino Ortiz, the guitarist of Peru
Miss Peruvian Parade Beauty Pageant
Sunday, July 7, 2019 ~ The Miss Peruvian Parade Beauty Pageant is at La Neve’s Banquet Hall in Haledos, New Jersey at 12pm.
Beauty consultant Ruth Abensur helped dress contestants in Pre-Columbian Peruvian costumes.
Paterson Mayor Andre Sayegh, Peruvian Consul Yván Solari Calvo, Consul Attache Alejandro Beoutis and their wives enjoyed a traditional Peruvian dance, La Tunantada.
Congratulations to the Queens of the 2019 Peruvian Parade:
- Ms. Peruvian Parade 2019 Mayte Negro
- Miss Peruvian Parade 2019 Josmara Figueroa
- Miss Teen Peruvian Parade 2019 Isabel Clavijo
- Miss Little Girl Peruvian Parade 2019 Elli Sedano
Peruvian Parade Gala
Thursday, July 25, 2019 ~ The Peruvian Parade Gala is at The Legacy Castle in Pompton Plains, New Jersey at 7:30pm.
The Gala features a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing with an open bar all night. Invited Artists:
- Actress of the year Ana María Estrada
- Sara Corcuera
- Shiara Luyo Parra
- Said Chavarry
The 2019 Peruvian Parade Gala is sold out.
Peruvian Parade Mass
Saturday, July 27, 2019 ~ The Peruvian Parade Mass is at Our Lady of Victories Church in Paterson, New Jersey.
Peruvian Parade Flag Ceremony
Saturday, July 27, 2019 ~ The Peruvian Parade Flag Ceremony is at Paterson City Hall in Paterson, New Jersey at 10am. FREE
Sunday, July 28, 2019 ~ The Peruvian Parade marches down Main Avenue, from Crooks Avenue on the border of Paterson and Clifton, to Monroe Street in Passaic at 11am.
This year’s Parade includes a Paso Fino by Peruvian cowboys from Rancho el Chalan in Warrenton, Virginia, plus llamas and alpacas.
Sunday, July 29, 2019 ~ The Peruvian Festival is at Pulaski Park in Passaic, New Jersey from 12pm to 9pm. FREE
The Festival offers Peruvian food and entertainment for the entire family.
Hosts Javier Carlos and Claudia Lopez-Cruzado will welcome a great lineup of invited performers:
- Koki Bonilla y Afrodisiaco
- Agua Bella
- Mariela Valencia
- Jorge Diaz, El caballero del amor
- Jser, El nene con sentimiento
- Jennifer, La reina de la cumbia
- Clavito y su Chela
- Nieves Alvarado
- Victor Alcade
- Lourdes Gonzales de Oviedo
- Tayra Vasquez, la voz de tu corazón
- Pablo Canela
- Cristhian Briceño, tribute to José Alberto “El Canario”
- Edgar Zapata, El sonero de Paterson
- DJ Fragancia
- DJ Fiuger
- DJ Chito
For more information, visit peruvianparadeinc.com