NYC’s Philippine Independence Day Parade 2022 marches down Madison Avenue from Murray Hill to the Philippine Independence Day Street Fair and Cultural Festival in NoMad, Manhattan on Sun, Jun 5, 2022 from 8am to 6pm. Free. pidci.org 🇵🇭
[NOTE: We don’t consider ourselves Latin, but after being colonized by Spaniards for about 300 years, we share some Latin culture.]
The Philippines has two independence days. June 12 celebrates the Filipino declaration of independence from Spain in 1898. July 4, 1946 celebrates the Philippines’ independence from the United States.
Philippine Parade Route
The Philippine Independence Day Parade 2022 marches down Madison Avenue from 38th St to 27th St.
- Start: Madison Avenue at 38th St
- End: Madison Avenue at 27th St
It ends at the Philippine Independence Day Street Fair and Cultural Festival on 26th and 25th St.
Philippine Parade Schedule
Sunday, June 5, 2022 is the big day.
- 8-8:15am: Flag Raising Ceremony in at the entrance to the Philippine Center at Fifth Avenue and 46th St.
- 8:30-9:30am: Independence Mass in Kalayaan Hall in the Philippine Center.
- 11:45-11:59am: Parade Opening Ceremony on Madison Avenue at 38th St.
- 12-2pm: Philippine Independence Day Parade on Madison Avenue from 38th St to 27th St at Madison Square Park.
- 11am – 6pm: Philippine Independence Day Street Fair on 26th St between Madison and Park. Enjoy food and artisanal crafts.
- 2-6pm: Philippine Independence Day Cultural Festival on 25th St at Madison Avenue. Enjoy local and international performing artists.
Philippine Independence Ball
The celebration ends with a benefit Philippine Independence Ball at Da Mikelle Palazzo in Maspeth, Queens on Sat, Jun 11, 2022 from 7-11pm. pidci.org 🇵🇭