Thanksgiving NYC 2022 is a harvest festival that is America’s main family day. Many Americans travel to share Thanksgiving dinner with family.
The day before Thanksgiving, and the weekend after, are some of America’s busiest and most expensive travel times. Thanksgiving Day is a quieter travel day.
Thanksgiving Weekend NYC 2022
NYC’s holiday preparations start at the end of October, and are in full swing by Thanksgiving Weekend or just after. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is the main event, but there is a lot going on around Thanksgiving Weekend.
Some people do their holiday shopping on Thanksgiving Weekend. The weekend is famous for sales including Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Regardless, New York City is always a great place to go shopping. A recent change is that many high-end stores manage crowds by making shoppers wait outside in line. So shopping takes longer now and you should dress for outdoor weather.
Before Thanksgiving Day
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloon Inflation is Wednesday, November 23, 2022.
- Thanksgiving Day is Thursday, November 24, 2022.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is Thursday, November 24, 2022.
After Thanksgiving Day
- Native American Heritage Day is an official national holiday on Friday, November 25, 2022. 🇺🇸
- Black Friday, a popular day for holiday shopping and special deals, is Friday, November 25, 2022. It’s not as popular as it used to be because overcrowding and people fighting over merchandise are no fun, and the internet makes it easy to hold sales at other times.
- Cyber Monday, a popular day for holiday shopping online, is Monday, November 28, 2022.
- Giving Tuesday, a philanthropic tradition founded by the 92nd Street Y, is Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
These are Thanksgiving events. To see what else is happening in New York City, visit Things To Do in NYC in November 2022.