Così fan tutte, ossia La Scuola degli amanti (Women are like That, or The School for Lovers) is Mozart’s Italian, two-act, comic opera about the sexes.
Così fan tutte
Lorenzo Da Ponte wrote the libretto. He also wrote the libretto’s for Le nozze di Figaro and Don Giovanni. Così fan tutte premiered at the Burgtheater in Vienna, Austria in 1790. It premiered at the Met Opera in 1922.
Così fan tutte Setting
The traditional setting is Naples, Italy.
Così fan tutte Roles
- Fiordiligi is a lady from Ferrara and Dorabella’s sister .
- Dorabella is a lady from Ferrara and Fiordiligi’s sister.
- Despina is a maid.
- Ferrando is a soldier who is Dorabella’s lover.
- Guglielmo is a soldier who is Fiordiligi’s lover.
- Don Alfonso is an old philospher.
Metropolitan Opera’s Così fan tutte 2018
Phelim McDermott carnival-esque new production is set in 1950s Coney Island.
Così fan tutte Cast
- David Robertson (Santa Monica, California) conducts.
- Soprano Amanda Majeski (Gurnee, Illinois) is Fiordiligi.
- Mezzo-Soprano Serena Malfi (Aversa, Italy) is Dorabella.
- Soprano Kelli O’Hara (Elk, City, Oklahoma) is Despina.
- Tenor Ben Bliss (Prairie Village, Kansas) is Ferrando.
- Bass-Baritone Adam Plachetka (Prague, Czech Republic) is Guglielmo.
- Baritone Christopher Maltman (Cleethorpes, England) is Don Alfonso.
Così fan tutte Performances
The Metropolitan Opera performs Così fan tutte eleven times between March 15 and April 19, 2018.
Thursday, March 15 at 7:30 pm
Tuesday, March 20 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, March 24 at 8 pm
Tuesday, March 27 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, March 31 at 1 pm
Wednesday, April 4 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, April 7 at 8 pm
Tuesday, April 10 at 7:30 pm
Friday, April 13 at 8 pm
Monday, April 16 at 7:30 pm
Thursday, April 19 at 7:30 pm
Così fan tutte Tickets
- Patrons and Subscribers on June 15, 2017
- Guild members (Supporting and above) on June 18, 2017
- General public, Sunday, June 25, 2017
Metropolitan Opera House box officeMonday – Saturday, 10 am -6 pm Sunday, 12 noon – 6 pm
By Phone(212) 362-6000 Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 8 pm Sunday, Noon – 6 pm
Rush Tickets$25 Rush tickets can be purchased at www.metopera.org the day of the show. You can buy two tickets to one performance every seven days. Rush tickets go on sale Monday – Friday at 12 noon Matinees (four hours before curtain) Saturday evenings at 2 pm