Fashion Designers of Latin America 2023 Fall Winter collections bring top Latin fashion designers from the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe to New York City runways.
The organization was founded by Albania Rosario, who didn’t even speak English when she arrived in New York City from the Dominican Republic in 2000.
A New York City Council member helped her launch Uptown Fashion Week. But Albania is a big thinker. She built a global fashion brand with major brand sponsors and the support of the world’s leading fashion organizations including New York Fashion Week, Àgatha Ruiz de la Prada, and Carolina Herrera. It doesn’t get any bigger than that.
Àgatha Ruiz de la Prada has become of the godmothers of all this. Àgatha is actually Spanish royalty. Her brightly colored designs and bubbly fun fashion shows are a product of La Movida Madrileña of 1975 when Spaniards felt free again when their dictatorship ended. Legendary filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar is another product of that moment in time. Both share the incredible color palette of contemporary Spain.
Part of Albania’s original business model was to get the sponsorship funding, curate the designers, and then help them produce their shows. FDLA is an incredible Latin success story.
In the Latin community we progress by helping each other. In New York City, anything is possible if you work hard and never stop following your dreams, and the City will help you in ways you can’t even imagine. This is New York City!
FDLA Fashion Designers of America 2023 Fall Winter
FDLA Fashion Designers of America 2023 Fall Winter collections are showing on Monday, February 13, 2023 from 12:30-6pm. 🗽 🇩🇴 🇬🇹 🇲🇽 | 🇨🇴 🇪🇨 🇻🇪 | 🇪🇸
- Spanish house Custo Barcelona is giving a private fashion show at 12:30pm. @custobarcelona 🇪🇸
- Spanish designer Àgatha Ruiz de la Prada shows at 4:30pm. @agatharuizdlprada🇪🇸
- New York designer Y III Chuan Eo shows at 5pm. 🗽
- Dominican designer Donny Diaz shows at 5pm. @donnydiaz.la 🇩🇴
- Colombian designer Estefania Turbay shows at 5pm. @estefaniaturbay 🇨🇴
- Venezuelan designer Adriana Carolina shows at 5:30pm. 🇻🇪
- Ecuadorian designer Leornardo Cerda shows at 5:30pm.@amazonleo 🇪🇨
- Mexican designer Daniel Salaises shows at 6pm. 🇲🇽
- Guatemalan designer Eduardo Figueroa shows at 6pm. @eduardofigueroaoficial 🇬🇹
We are both a serious and fun people. These Latin fashion shows are really fun!
For the location, purchase tickets. You can buy tickets at fdla.co