Ozuna is a Dominican Puerto Rican reggaeton singer and actor who broke out in 2016, but is already the “new king of reggaeton.” He spent some time growing up in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
His style is soft. He plays a tough guy sometimes, but Ozuna is a family man who blends bachata, reggaeton and latin trap styles. He was the most viewed singer on YouTube worldwide in 2018, and in 2019 became the singer with the most billion-view YouTube videos.
Ozuna in New York City
Ozuna joins DJ Alex Sensation’s MegaBash Latin rap, latin trap, reggaeton, dem bow, merengue festival, featuring Young Miko, Yandel, Anitta, Baby Rasta & Gringo, Jey One, Chimbala, Angel Dior, Flow 28, Bulova, Yaisel LM, La Materialista, RKM & Ken-Y, El Rubio Acordeón, and more; at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey; on Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 8pm. From $75. prucenter.com 🇧🇷 🇨🇴 🇩🇴 🇵🇷
Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He is Dominican Puerto Rican which is very common in Puerto Rico. He started songwriting as a kid. His father was a dancer for early reggaeton singer Vico C.
He has followed the reggaeton path with a long string of singles. Ozuna got his first exposure on YouTube starting in 2012. “Si No Te Quiere” (2014) was a radio hit.
Ozuna’s breakout was 2016’s “La Ocasión” with DJ Luian, Mambo Kingz, De La Ghetto, Arcángel and Anuel AA. The song reached #22 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
In 2018 Ozuna won “Best Latin Artist” and “Best Latin Album” at the Billboard Music Awards.
In 2019, the singer jumped into acting with the romantic comedy Que Leon alongside Miss Dominican Republic 2015 Clarissa Molina. It’s a really cute poor boy and rich girl fall in love, “Romeo and Juliet” kind of story. Dominating parents can’t stop love. (Latin parents can be very dominating.)
Fernando Cárdenas of NY1 Noticias, interviewed The New King of Reggaeton
- “Cosmo” (2023)
- “OzuTochi” (2022)
- “ENOC” released on September 4, 2020. It features Arcángel, Camilo, Chencho Corleone, Coculluela, Daddy Yankee, Doha Cat, J Balvin, Jhay Cortez, Junak, Karol G, Lennox, Myke Towers, Nicky Jam, Sia, Wisin and Zion. Wow! “ENOC” stands for “El Negrito Ojos Claros” (Little Black man with light eyes). We would translate it as “Little Black man with clear eyes.” The Spanish word “negro” (Black man) or “negrito” (little Black man) has none of the negativity of the English word. It’s a term of endearment, a nickname for someone you love. Most of the album is reggaeton, but there is some rap, ballad and latin trap.
- “Nibiru” released on November 29, 2019 ~ on Aura Music and Sony Music Latin just in time for the Mega Bash urban music festival. The lead single was “Baila Baila Baila.”
- “Aura” released on August 24, 2018
- “Odisea” (2017)
- Ozutochi World Tour (2022)
- Nibiru World Tour (2020)
- Aura Tour (2018)
- Odisea World Tour (2017)
- Odisea Tour (2017) was his first official world tour of 25 cities in the United States.
New York Venues
Ozuna is a stadium headliner kind of guy. In New York City he has performed many places including:
- “F9” (2021)
- “Tom & Jerry” (2021)
- “Los Leones” (2019)
- “Que Leon” (2019)