Ricardo Ribeiro is one of today’s top male Fado singers. He is as traditional as it comes. Ribeiro’s Fado is pure emotion.
He was born in Lisbon in 1981 and fell in love with Fado at an early age. Ribeiro’s main influence is Fado legend Fernando Maurício. By 2001 at the age of 20, Ribeiro was touring international music festivals.
Ricardo Ribeiro Recordings
Ribeiro has made three solo albums. His songs have been included in many Fado compilations.
- Quando Se Gosta de Alguém (Tribute to Amália Rodrigues compilation, 2004)
- Ricardo Ribeiro (Coleção Antologia, 2004)
- Álbum Vermelho do Fado (Red Fado compilation 2005)
- Fados by Carlos Saura. (Movie soundtrack 2007)
- Porta do Coração (“Door of the Heart,” Capitol, 2010)
- Largo da Memória (Parlophone, 2013)
- Hoje é assim, amanhã não sei (“Today is like this, tomorrow I don’t know,” Parlophone, 2016)
Ricardo Ribeiro Awards
Ribeiro has won prestigious awards from the Fundação Amália Rodrigues (Amália Rodrigues Foundation) twice!
- Male Revelation Prize by the Amália Rodrigues Foundation (Prémio Revelação Masculina da Fundação Amália Rodrigues, 2005)
- Revelation Award by Casa da Imprensa (2005)
- Best Male Singer by the Amália Rodrigues Foundation (2011)
- Henry the Navigator award from Portuguese President Aníbal Cavaco Silva (2015)
Ricardo Ribeiro in New York City
Ricardo Ribeiro plays Schimmel Center in Manhattan’s Financial District on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 7:30 pm. Tickets from $29
This show is curated by Isabel Soffer / Live Sounds as part of the NY Fado Festival.
Ricardo Ribeiro Tickets
Schimmel Center Box Office
3 Spruce St, New York, NY 10038
(between Park Row & Gold St)
Tuesday – Saturday: 12 noon – 5 pm
3 hours before performance time
Get tickets at SchimmelCenter.org