The 2018 Salon Art + Design fair is at the Park Avenue Armory in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Thursday – Monday, November 8 – 12, 2018.
A Preview hosted by curators Nathalie and Laura de Gunzburg benefits the Dia Art Foundation on Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 4 – 5 pm. $250
The invitation-only Collector’s Preview is at 5 pm.
The Vernissage is from 7 – 9 pm. $150
Salon Art + Design is produced by Sanford L. Smith & Associates.
Happenings in the Park Avenue Armory
Part of the show is the Park Avenue Armory itself. The Fair is preparing happenings in some of the Armory’s unique spaces.
Show Floor Entrance
The entrance installation isdesigned by French trunk maker Maison Goyard on the theme of “In Praise of Slowness.” It is inspired by a famous Haiku by the legendary Japanese poet Kobayashi. The installation features Les escargots de Bourgogne, the land snails which are a favorite French delicacy.
Lalique, the house of René Lalique the inventor of modern jewelry, designed an installation for the Parlor.
Callidus Guild Creative Director Yolande Batteau designed a site specific installation of towering plaster and canvas monoliths that serve as a backdrop for collectible design and contemporary art curated by Jeff Lincoln Art + Design.
The installation is set in the historic library designed by Louis C. Tiffany and Stanford White.
Charles Burnand of London designed an exquisite collection of lighting and furniture. It is open to Collector Card holders.
Field & Staff Room
Eileen Fisher blurs the boundaries between art, design, textiles and activism with used garments repurposed as wall hangings.
Karma Automotive is showing the Karma Revero luxury performance car, whose twin electric motors helped make it the 2018 Luxury Green Car of the Year.
Canard, Inc. is offering refreshments at Le Petite Canard Café in the sumptuously restored Board of Officers Room.
Salon Art + Design Fair 2018 Galleries
56 galleries from eleven countries are showing art and design from around the world.
- Galerie BSL of Paris
- Chahan Gallery of Paris
- Galerie Chastel-Maréchal of Paris
- Thomas Fritsch – Artrium of Paris
- Galerie Hervouet of Paris
- Charles-Wesley Hourdé of Paris
- Galerie kreo of Paris
- Maison Rapin of Paris
- Mouvements Modernes of Paris
- Galerie Negropontes of Paris
- Carolle Thibaut – Pomerantz of New York & Paris
- Vallois of Paris
- Galerie Maria Wettergren of Paris
- Galleria Rosella Colombari of Milan
- Giustini / Stagetti of Rome
- Mazzoleni of London & Torino
- Nilufar Gallery of Milan
- Garrido Gallery of Madrid
Salon Art + Design Fair 2018 Tickets
- Daily: $30
- Run of Show: $55 at the door
- Students: $10 at the door
- Dia Benefit Preview, 4 – 5 pm: $250
- Vernissage, 7 – 9 pm: $150
Visit The Salon Art + Design Fair
Friday, November 9: 11 am – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday, November 10 – 11: 11 am – 7 pm
Monday, November 12: 11 am – 5 pm
Park Avenue Armory
643 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065
(between 66th & 67th St)
Upper East Side, Manhattan
- (6) to 68th St – Hunter College
- (F) (Q) to 63rd St – Lexington Ave
M101, M102 or M103 to 68th Street and Lexington Avenue
- Eastbound to Madison Avenue and 68th Street
- Westbound to Lexington Avenue and 67th Street
For more information, visit www.thesalonny.com