The 2019 Spring/Break Art Show art fair is at 866 UN Plaza in Midtown East, Manhattan, Wednesday-Sunday, March 6-11, 2019 with a VIP First Look and Opening Night on Tuesday, March 5. From $18
Spring/Break Art Show
This show is really different from the other New York art fairs. It’s a show of independent curators. Selected curators are given free space. Each curator does an installation in a room. They range from amazing to trashy.
If you like art fairs, this is a good show for a date because exploring the rooms is kind of fun. Every room is a surprise.
The show is organized by Andrew Gori and Ambre Kelly of TheTheyCo.
Space is provided through BLACE, an organization that works with building owners to turn unrented properties into affordable temporary studio or exhibition space for artists. It’s a great concept.
Spring/Break Art Show 2019
This year’s theme is Fact and Fiction.
Over 100 curators are showing works by over 400 artists. The rooms look like installations, but everything is actually for sale.
Some of curators are from good, established galleries. These are some that have a Latin heritage.
- Andres Serrano is a New York-based Honduran-Cuban photographer best known for his ‘Piss Christ’ (2011).
- La Mama Galleria is a non-profit gallery in the East Village that often shows Latin artists.
- UNIX Gallery has Italian owners.
Spring/Break Art Show Tickets
Tickets are available at the door and online at www.springbreakartshow.com
- VIP Preview: March 5 from 11am-4pm. $50
- VIP Opening Night: March 5 from 4-7:30pm. From $25
- Show: March 6-11 from 11am – 7pm. From $18 ($20 at the door)
866 United Nations Plaza
(between 48th & 49th St)
Midtown East, Manhattan