Ballet Hispánico celebrates its 50th Anniversary at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC, Tuesday-Sunday, April 7-19, 2020.
The season includes works by Gustavo Ramírez Sansano, William Forsythe, Graciela Daniele, Vicente Nebrada, Annabelle Lopez Ochoa, Nacho Duato, Eduardo Vilaro, Andrea Miller, Pedro Ruiz and Ramón Oller.
50th Anniversary Season
This season presents two week-long programs and weekend matinees.
Program A (Week 1)
Tuesday-Wednesday, April 7-8, 2020 at 7:30pm
Thursday-Saturday, April 9-11, 2020 at 8pm
- Nacho Duato “Jardí Tancat” (Spanish)
- Graciela Daniele “Cada Noche…Tango” excerpt (Argentine-American)
- Vicente Nebrada “Batucada Fantástica” excerpt (Venezuelan)
- Gustavo Ramírez Sansano “18+1” (Spanish).
Ramírez Sansano is the choreographer of Ballet Hispánico’s first full-length ballet “Carmen.maquia”
Program B (Week 2)
Tuesday-Wednesday, April 14-15, 2020 at 7:30pm
Thursday-Saturday, April 16-18, 2020 at 8pm
- Ramón Oller “Good Night Paradise” (Spanish)
- Eduardo Vilaro “Asuka” excerpt (Cuban-American).
Vilaro is Ballet Hispánico’s Artistic Director.
- William Forsythe “New Sleep” excerpt
In honor of Ballet Hispánico founder Tina Ramirez (Mexican-Puerto Rican-Venezuelan-American)
- Annabelle Lopez Ochoa “Tiburones” (Colombian-Belgian).
Lopez Ochoa is the 2019 Jacob’s Pillow Choreography Award winner.
Program C (Weekend Matinees)
This more fun program is really good for young people.
Saturday-Sunday, April 11-12 and April 18-19 at 2pm.
- Annabelle Lopez Ochoa “Sombrerísimo” (Colombian-Belgian)
- Andrea Miller “Nací” (U.S.)
- Pedro Ruiz “Club Havana” (Cuban)
Ballet Hispánico 50th Anniversary Tickets
175 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10011
(at 19th St)
joyce.org | (212) 242-0800