The Fall For Dance Festival 2022 at New York City Center is one of the highlights of NYC’s dance season. It presents leading international dancers and companies for just $20 per program.
The shows always sellout, so buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
19th Fall For Dance Festival 2022
The 19th Fall For Dance Festival is at New York City Center in Midtown, Manhattan, September 21 – October 2, 2022. $20. Tickets go on sale on Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 11am. nycitycenter.org 🇩🇿🇦🇷🇧🇷🇫🇷🇮🇳🇳🇱🇵🇹🇪🇸🇺🇦🇺🇸
It’s the first time in three years of the Covid pandemic that international dance companies have been invited. It’s a really important festival for international artists because being seen in New York can launch careers.
This season there are five programs.
Fall For Dance Program 1
Fall for Dance Festival Program 1 features Algerian French Compagnie Hervé Koubi, Margarita Fernandes & António Casalinho of the Bavarian State Ballet, and Gibney Company at New York City Center in Midtown on Wednesday-Thursday, September 21-22 at 8pm. $20. 🇩🇿🇫🇷🇵🇹🇺🇸
- Algerian French Compagnie Hervé Koubi dance the New York premiere of “Boys Don’t Cry.” 🇩🇿🇫🇷
- Margarita Fernandes & António Casalinho of the Bavarian State Ballet dance the Ballet pas de deux from Pepita’s “Le Corsaire.” 🇵🇹
- Gibney Company dances the North American premiere of Johan Inger’s “Bliss.” 🇺🇸
Fall For Dance Program 2
Fall for Dance Festival Program 2 features Music From the Sole, Melissa Toogood & Herman Cornejo, and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at New York City Center in Midtown on Friday-Saturday, September 23-24 at 8pm. $20. 🇦🇷🇧🇷🇺🇸
- Music From The Sole dances the Tap piece “I Didn’t Come to Stay.” 🇧🇷
- Melissa Toogood & Herman Cornejo dance the NY Premiere of Pam Tanowitz’ “No Nonsense,” a co-commission with the Vail Dance Festival. 🇦🇷
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater dances Aszure Barton’s “BUSK.” 🇺🇸
Fall For Dance Program 3
Fall for Dance Festival Program 3 features James Gilber, San Francisco Ballet and María Moreno Flamenco at New York City Center in Midtown on, Tuesday-Wednesday, September 27-28 at 8pm. $20. 🇪🇸🇺🇸
- James Gilber (Ailey) dances the live premiere of Jamar Roberts’ “Morani/Mungu (Black Warrior/Black God),” a 2020 Fall For Dance Festival digital commission. 🇺🇸
- San Francisco Ballet dances Jerome Robbins’ “In the Night.” 🇺🇸
- María Moreno dances Flamenco “Tangos & Alegrías” with guest singer María Terremoto. 🇪🇸
Fall For Dance Program 4
Fall for Dance Festival Program 4 features Sara Mearns & Robbie Fairchild, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, and Kyiv City Ballet at New York City Center in Midtown on Thursday-Friday, September 29-30 at 8pm. $20. 🇺🇦🇺🇸
- Sara Mearns & Robbie Fairchild dance the live US Premiere of Christopher Wheeldon’s “The Two of Us,” a 2020 festival digital commission. 🇺🇸
- Dayton Contemporary Dance Company dances Abby Zbikowski’s “Indestructible.” 🇺🇸
- Kyiv City Ballet dances the NY Premiere of Vladyslav Dobshynskyi & Ivan Kozlov’s “Thoughts” and “Men of Kyiv.” 🇺🇦
Fall For Dance Program 5
Fall for Dance Festival Program 5 features Nrityagram Dance Ensemble, Dutch National Ballet, and Martha Graham Dance Company at New York City Center in Midtown on Saturday-Sunday, October 1-2, 2022 at 8pm/3pm. $20. 🇮🇳🇳🇱🇺🇸
- Nrityagram Dance Ensemble with Chitrasena Dance Company dances the NY Premiere of Surupa Sen’s Indian classical dance “Poornnāratī.” 🇮🇳
- Dutch National Ballet dances Hans van Manen’s “Variations for Two Couples.” 🇳🇱Martha Graham Dance Company dances Hofesh Shecter’s “Cave.” 🇺🇸