Instituto Cervantes is a Spanish language school and cultural center in Midtown East, Manhattan. Instituto Cervantes houses New York’s largest Spanish-language library.
Funded in part by the Spanish government, Instituto Cervantes regularly hosts art exhibitions, literary events, performances, wine classes, and film screenings related to Spanish culture, and the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
Learning a language is not just about learning vocabulary. It gives you a whole new way to see the world. Speaking Spanish helps you connect with about one-third of New Yorkers and almost half a billion people worldwide. The language helps you understand the rich and varied cultures of twenty countries and Puerto Rico.
About Instituto Cervantes New York
Instituto Cervantes is an oasis of Spanish culture in the heart of Manhattan that offers:
- Spanish-language lessons for all ages and levels, including professional programs
- A library with more than 50,000 books in Spanish
- A collection of 7,000 movies from Spain and Latin America
- Wine tasting seminars led by a Spanish wine critic
- Hispanic cultural activities in literature, music, film, theatre and art
What better way to learn a language than by immersing yourself in its culture?
211 East 49th St (between Second & Third Ave)
New York, NY 10017
For more information visit, nyork.cervantes.es