Master Drawings New York 2023 is a January art fair in which a group of Upper East Side galleries shows Old Masters from their own collections, and from visiting international galleries. The close proximity makes the fair walkable. It’s basically an art fair that uses Upper East Side art galleries as its booths.
This is part of Old Masters Week New York, a time when the Christie’s and Sotheby’s New York auction houses hold their old masters auctions, and the Winter Show brings antiques dealers and buyers to the Upper East Side.
Master Drawings New York 2023
For the Master Drawings New York 2023 art fair, 25 art galleries show old masters and new masters from their collections and from visiting international dealers; in Manhattan’s Upper East Side; from Friday, January 20-28, 2023. The exhibition continues online through February 28, 2023. 🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇴🇲🇽🇵🇦🇻🇪 | 🇫🇷🇮🇹
This edition includes some contemporary work, which we didn’t used to see. It follows the art world trend that values contemporary art over older works. The dealers are suggesting that these are some of the new masters.
Latin Art Galleries
- Colnaghi is showing significant works on paper. 🇮🇹
- Découvert Fine Art is showing French and Italian master drawings at Kraushaar Gallery. 🇫🇷🇮🇹
- Didier Aaron is showing European drawings from the 17th century to present. 🇫🇷
- Henrique Faria | Herlitzka & Co is showing master drawings and contemporary art on paper from Latin America. 🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇴🇻🇪
- Jean-Luc Baroni & Marty de Cambiaire is a French dealer. 🇫🇷
- Mary-Anne Martin Fine Art is showing drawings and sculptures from Panamanian glass artist Isabel De Obaldía. Mary-Anne Martin is known for dealing in Mexican art. She created the Latin American Art category at Sotheby’s back in the day when nobody cared. 🇲🇽🇵🇦
For more information, visit masterdrawingsnewyork.com
New York Latin art