The NYC Arts Workers Rally is at Foley Square in Manhattan’s Civic Center on Saturday, May 8, 2021 from 12-2pm. This is for artists and independent cultural workers. Details at google.com (a Google site).
- #SolidarityInActionForArtWorker s
New York is a cultural city. The pandemic hit us arts workers hard. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but we don’t have an organization to advocate for all us. That’s why we have to make our own noise.
Without culture, New York is just another town. These are the rally’s goals:
- Recognition of Arts Workers as vital to our communities
- Financial relief with equity for the public good
- Financial relief as precedent for systemic changes
- Workforce program
- Expansion of the state/city budget for the arts
This comes to us from Melody Capote, Executive Director of the CCCADI Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute, one of our favorite NYC cultural organizations. ¡WEPA! Alejandra Duque Cifuentes of Dance/NYC is also supporting.
google.com (a Google site)
See you at the NYC Arts Workers Rally!