The Art Show 2022 by the ADAA is the annual art fair produced by the association of America’s leading art dealers. It’s not New York’s biggest art fair, but the exhibitors really are some of the top art dealers in the United States.
The fair benefits Henry Street Settlement, a social services agency in Manhattan’s Lower East Side that provides social services, arts programs, and health care to New York families. It’s the home of the Abrons Arts Center.
It’s the legacy of renowned American nurse Lillian Wald who began providing social services in the Lower East Side in 1893. Between about 1880 and 1930, New York City grew so fast, with people from all over the world, packed so densely into Downtown, that the City faced new kinds of social problems. The Henry Street Settlement was founded to help and is still helping families today.
The Art Show is normally held at the Park Avenue Armory in the Upper East Side which is a striking New York venue. Check out the rooms and the view of the hall from upstairs. The art is great, the art dealers are friendly, and the people watching is amazing. It’s a great date.
The Art Show 2022
The Art Show 2022 by the ADAA presents America’s top art dealers at the Park Avenue Armory in the Upper East Side, with a benefit preview Tuesday, November 2, 2022 followed by the art fair, Wednesday-Sunday, November 3-6, 2022.
Mexican American comic actor Cheech Marin talks with Andrew Goldstein of Artnet News about starting a museum at the AXA XL Cafe in the Park Avenue Armory via livestream on Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 6:30-7:30pm. theartshow.org 🇲🇽
The Meet the Artists program features Italian American artist Carmen Cicero is in the June Kelly Gallery booth, and Spanish artist Gustavo Díaz is in the Sicardi | Ayers | Bacino booth on Sunday, November 6 from 12-3pm. theartshow.org 🇮🇹 🇪🇸
Art dealers with a Latin focus include:
- Nara Roesler is a New York Brazilian gallery. 🇧🇷
- Mary-Anne Martin Fine Art deals in Mexican art. Martin founded the Latin American department at Sotheby’s auction house, back in the day when few people cared. 🇲🇽
Art dealers who represent some Latin artists include:
- James Fuentes has shown iconic New York graffiti artist Lee Quiñones. 🇵🇷
- Howard Greenberg Gallery has shown Mexican, Puerto Rican and Spanish artists. 🇲🇽 🇵🇷 🇪🇸
- Lehman Maupin has shown Cuban contemporary artist Teresita Fernández. 🇨🇺
- Lisson Gallery has shown iconic Cuban abstractionist Carmen Herrera. 🇨🇺
- Sapar Contemporary Gallery + Incubator has shown Brazilian artist Bruno Miguel and has a current show of Nigerian artist Sola Olulode. 🇧🇷 🇳🇬
- Galerie Lelong has shown Spanish artist Jaume Plensa and Cuban Puerto Rican artist Zilia Sánchez. 🇨🇺 🇵🇷 🇪🇸
- Sikkema Jenkins has shown Brazilian photo artist Vik Muniz, Venezuelan artist Arturo Herrera, and Peruvian artist William Cordova. 🇧🇷 🇵🇪 🇻🇪
- Totah has shown Italian artist Mara de Luca and has a current exhibition of Italian artist Luca Pancrazzi. 🇮🇹
There is more Latin representation throughout the show.