NYC’s 3rd Creole Food Festival is at Skinny’s Cantina on the Hudson, Friday-Saturday, August 7-8, 2021 from 3-8pm. creolefoodfestival.com
Creole is many things, but the way we use the term is code for Haitian Diaspora and French African. The influence of the Haitian Diaspora is all over the Caribbean and New Orleans. French cuisine is the science of cooking. Historically, many of America’s cooks have been from the African Diaspora. So Creole food is the origin of a lot of American food.
Creole Food Festival 2021
Skinny’s Cantina is a Mexican restaurant right on the Hudson River in Manhattanville (West Harlem).
The participating chefs are a United Nations of master chefs. There is something here for everyone. It’s impossible to write this article without getting very hungry.
- Joseph Johnson 🇺🇸 Afro-Asian ~ Esquire Magazine Best New Restaurant in America
- Richardson 🇹🇹 Trinidad ~ Fox Master Chef Finalist, Bon Appetit Blended Burger Competition, Founder Fork King
- Gregory Gourdet 🇭🇹 Haiti ~ Bravo Top Chef All-Star & Judge
- Gabriela Ramos 🇩🇴🇵🇷 Dominican Puerto Rican ~ Lola Caribbean food with a California influence
- Kelvin Fernandez 🇩🇴 Dominican ~ Forbes Best Chef in American 2016, 2017, 2018
- Rudy Straker 🇧🇧 🇨🇺 Barbados & Cuba ~ Executive Chef and Prime Fusion owner
- Thiago Silva 🇧🇷 Brazil ~ Food Network Chopped Champion
- Bintou N’Daw 🇸🇳 Senegal ~ Nafi’s Originals Private Chef founder
- Jeff 🇭🇹 Haiti ~ Jeffrey Morneau Atelier founder
- Leen 🇺🇸 USA ~ Food Network Chopped Champion
- Todd Richards 🇺🇸 USA ~ James Beard Best Chef Semifinalist 2008 & 2013, Lake BBQ and Soul Food Culture founder
- Kamal Hoyte 🇻🇨 Saint Vincent ~ Pekarna Chef Partner, NY Times Chef Partner
- Eugene Mbongo 🇨🇲 Cameroon ~ Mina Taste Catering founder
Got to eat now. Anybody have some extra napkins? And bring your dance shoes because you know what happens once we are fat and happy. This is serious. Yummy!
See you at NYC’s Creole Food Festival! We’re the ones eating, drinking, smiling and dancing. creolefoodfestival.com