The 25th Annual Armory Show art fair is at Piers 90, 92 and 94 in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, Thursday-Sunday, March 7-10, 2019.
The Armory Show is NYC’s big international modern, post-war, and contemporary art fair. It opened in 1994 at the Gramercy Park Hotel. Today over 65,000 people visit the show every year.
The Armory Show is one of NYC’s most important art fairs along with the ADAA Art Show and Frieze New York.
VOLTA NY on Pier 90 is a sister show.
Armory Week is the umbrella term for the group of art fairs that show at the same time.
The Armory Show name is a reference to the historic 1913 art fair at New York City’s 69th Regiment Armory that introduced modern art to the Americas.
Armory Show 2019
The Armory Show has several sections.
- Galleries on Pier 94 shows modern, post-war and contemporary art.
- Insights on Pier 90 shows modern and post-war art.
- Focus: Curated by Lauren Haynes on Pier 90 explores figuration.
- Presents on Pier 94 shows galleries less than ten years old.
- Platform: Curated by Sally Tallant, Executive Director of the Queens Museum, shows large-scale installations on the show’s piers.
There is Latin art sprinkled throughout the show. Latin galleries at the Armory Show include African, Argentine, Brazilian, Colombian, Cuban, French, French-Canadian, Italian, Mexican, Portuguese, Romanian and Spanish galleries.
The Armory Party
The Armory Party at MoMA is a VIP kick-off party that benefits MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art on Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
VIP 8pm: from $250
General Admission 9pm: $150
The Party features Norwegian singer Anna of the North. It is hosted by:
- Glenn D. Lowry, Director, The Museum of Modern Art
- Nicole Berry, Executive Director, The Armory Show
- The Junior Associates of The Museum of Modern Art
Armory Show Tickets
Tickets are available at the door or online at www.thearmoryshow.com
Ticket lines can be long so buying tickets online is recommended.
VOLTA art fair tickets are accepted as admission.
Thursday, March 7: 12–8pm
Friday, March 8: 12–8pm
Saturday, March 9: 12–7pm
Sunday, March 10: 12–6pm
Piers 90, 92 & 94
Online ticket holders must enter through Piers 90 or 94.
West Side Highway at 50th St
West Side Highway between 52nd and 54th St.
Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan