Harlem’s African American Day Parade 2023 is an annual festival of African American culture in one of America’s most vibrant African Diaspora communities.
There is a community day on Saturday, followed by Sunday’s Pre Parade Show, and the parade.
Celebrating African American Culture
This year’s theme might seem obvious, but it’s not for many Americans. A lot of American culture really is African American culture. And a lot of Latin culture is African Diaspora and Indigenous culture. Black culture is that strong. It’s been our biggest lesson in 11 years of New York Latin Culture Magazine.
These are the people you want to meet and party with:
- Bevy Smith ~ award-winning TV and radio host, author and actor.
- Ashley Keiko ~ Keiko Studios Music Academy musician and entrepreneur.
- Joy Bivins ~ Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture Director.
- Joaquin Dean ~ Ruff Ryders Entertainment founder and CEO.
- DJ Drew ~ AKA Grand Master Dee Whodini.
- Musa Jackson ~ community leader, activist and entrepreneur.
- CashFlow ~ rapper, community leader and influencer.
- Anna Glass ~ Dance Theatre of Harlem Executive Director.
- Robert Garland ~ Dance Theatre of Harlem Artistic Director (he just took over this year).
- Rev. Deacon Rodney Beckford ~ Kennedy Center Catholic Charities Director.
The African American Day Parade invites you to get involved with community literacy, health and a celebration of our culture on the day before the parade.
African American Day Parade Community Day features literacy games and giveaways, a health panel, a tribute to hip-hop, and a dance battle segment; in the plaza of the Adam Clayton Powell Jr State Office building on 125th St in Harlem, from 11am – 6pm. Bring a chair. FREE. 🇺🇸
Invited performers include:
- Aissatou Bey-Grecia & Friends
- Javier Gooden
- Michael Love
- Henny Mack
- Uptown Dance Academy
- Jerome Hunter (LaRocque Bey)
- Julie Robertson
- Zhane Zigon
54th African American Day Parade 2023
The 54th African American Day Parade 2023 celebrates African American Culture with a Pre Parade Show on 125th St from 11am-1pm, leading to the parade on Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd from 111th St to 135th St in Harlem; on Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 1pm. 🇺🇸
The Pre Parade Show features:
- Uptown Dance Academy.
- Mariama Diop ~ “Lion King” Broadway.
- Walter Russell III “MJ the Musical” Grammy Award winner.
- Javier Gooden ~ performing artist.
- Julia Robertson ~ R&B singer.
- Shawn Love ~ author and poet.
- Matt the Violinist.
- Aissatou Bey-Garcia & Friends.
- Young Gifted & Broadway.
- Bernard Dove and Barbara Grant Dancers.
For more information, visit africanamericandayparade.org