The 65th National Puerto Rican Day Parade 2022 is back on Fifth Avenue in Midtown and the Upper East Side on Sun, Jun 12 at 11am. nprdpinc.org 🇵🇷
#PRParade #QueBonitaBandera #WEPA
The Parade is actually a series of events:
- Scholarships – applications due April 2, 2022
- 152nd Street Cultural Festival – Sat, May 28, 2022
- Golf Outing – September 2022
- Jíbara Mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral – Tue, June 7, 2022
- Gala at the Central Park Zoo – Sat, June 11, 2022
- Parade – Sun, June 12, 2022 at 11am.
There are more Puerto Ricans on the mainland, than on the island. So every year, the Parade honors a town in Puerto Rico and a community on the mainland.
Cidra, Puerto Rico
The Parade honors Cidra, Puerto Rico. Cidra is a town in the central mountains between Comerío and Cayey, and Aibonito and Caguas. It is known as the “Eterna Primavera” (Town of the Eternal Spring) because the mountains are cooler like Spring elsewhere on the island.
Lago de Cidra is a large reservoir in the municipality. The region was famous for growing citron fruit which are similar to lemons.
Greater Philly is home to a quarter million Puerto Ricans. The region includes communities in Philadelphia, South Jersey and Delaware.
- Miguel Cardona, U.S. Secretary of Education
King, Madrina and Padrino
- Nicky Jam, Reggaeton and Latin Trap star, is King
- Angie Martinez is Madrina
- Fat Joe is Padrino
- Jesús Omar Rivera Dávila
- Michael Carabello
- Robin de Jesús
Athlete of the Year
- Jasmine Camacho Quinn
- Didi Romero
- Luis Figueroa
- Edward Cabán, NYPD Deputy Commissioner
- Damien Priest
- Hector Collazo Hernández
- Xochitle González
- PJ Sin Suela
- David Rodríguez
The 2022 Gala
The National Puerto Rican Day Parade 2022 Gala is at the Central Park Zoo on Sat, June 11, 2022.
- Nanette Cocero: Pfizer Global President Vaccines.
- William Ramierez: ACLU Puerto Rico Executive Director.
- Magda Yrizarry: Verizon Senior Vice President, Strategic DEI Initiatives.
- 6:30-7:30pm: Cocktails and Exhibition
- 7:30-9:30pm: Dinner and Program
- After music and mingling
Gala tickets start at $500 at nprdpinc.org
Watch the National Puerto Rican Day Parade 2022
The Parade marches up Fifth Avenue through Midtown and the Upper East Side from 43rd – 79th St on Sunday, June 12 at 11am.
The Parade is broadcast live on WABC-TV Channel 7 at 12 noon, and in Puerto Rico on Telecinco Channel 5. It is also streaming on abc7ny.com and associated apps.