The National Jazz Museum in Harlem preserves and promotes Jazz. It’s a small museum with a big subject – the national music of the United States.
The Celebrating the Afro-Latin Roots of Jazz festival is at the National Jazz Museum in Harlem and around Manhattan from August 6-31, 2022. jmih.org 🇦🇷🇨🇦🇨🇴🇨🇺🇪🇨🇵🇷
A lot of this is curated by Zack O’Farrill of the legendary O’Farrill Cuban Jazz family. 🇨🇺
- Jaambo with Baba Don Eaton Babatunde as part of the citywide NYC Dance Party at the National Arts Club in Gramercy, Manhattan on August 6, 2022 at 1pm. Free.
- Uptown Royalty plays New York Salsa at the Harlem State Office Building on August 11, 2022. Free. 🇵🇷🇦🇷🇪🇨
- Martin Vejarano Colombian Porro Brass Band plays Colombian Jazz at the National Jazz Museum in Harlem on Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 2pm. Free. jmih.org 🇨🇴
- New York Cuban pianist Ahmed Alom plays Ragtime to Danzón at the National Jazz Museum in Harlem on Thursday, August 25 at 7pm. jmih.org 🇨🇺
- French Canadian trumpeter Rachel Therrien Latin Jazz Group plays Jazz at the National Jazz Museum in Harlem on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 2pm. Free. jmih.org 🇨🇦
- In Afro-Latin Roots Talk, Zack O’Farrill talks with festival performers about the cutting edge of Latin music, at the National Jazz Museum in Harlem on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 7pm. Free with RSVP. jmih.org 🇨🇦🇨🇴🇨🇺