The Armory Show is NYC’s big international modern, post-war, and contemporary art fair. It opened in 1994 at the Gramercy Park Hotel. Today over 65,000 people visit the show every year.
The Armory Show is one of NYC’s most important art fairs along with the ADAA Art Show and Frieze New York.
VOLTA NY on Pier 90 is a sister show.
Armory Week is the umbrella term for the group of art fairs that show at the same time.
The Armory Show name is a reference to the historic 1913 art fair at New York City’s 69th Regiment Armory that introduced European Modern art to the Americas.
Armory Show 2018
The Armory Show 2018 opens with a preview at Piers 92 & 94 in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan on Wednesday, March 7. The public show runs Thursday – Sunday, March 8 – 11.
The Armory Party at MoMA benefits the Museum of Modern Art on Wednesday, March 7 from 8 pm – 12:30 am. $150 – $10,000
Armory Show Sections include Galleries, Insights, Presents, Focus, and Platform.
Latin Galleries at the Armory Show 2018
The Galleries section showcases 20th and 21st century art from international galleries.
- David Castillo Gallery of Miami Beach, USA
- Galeria Nara Roesler of São Paulo, Brazil
- Galerie Frank Elbas of Paris, France
- Mor Charpentier of Paris, France
- Galerie Nathalie Obadia of Paris, France
- Perrotin of Paris, France and NYC
- Praz-Delavallade of Paris, France
- Galerie Daniel Templon of Paris, France
- Galerie Georges-Philippe & Nathalie Vallois of Paris, France
- Galleria Continua of San Gimignano, Italy
- Kaufmann Repetto of Milan, Italy
- Galleria D’Arte Maggiore G.A.M. of Bologna, Italy
- Mazzoleni of Turin, Italy
- Francesca Minini of Milan, Italy
- Galleria Massimo Minini of Brescia, Italy
- Galleria Lorcan O’Neill of Rome, Italy
- P420 of Bologna, Italy
- Lia Rumma of Milan, Italy
- Vistamare of Pescara, Italy
- Proyectosmonclova of Mexico City, Mexico
- Galeria Vera Cortés of Lisbon, Portugal
- Espaivisor of Valencia, Spain
Insights shows 20th century art in solo, duo and thematic presentations with a focus on Modern art.
- Ronie Mesquita of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Mercedes Viegas of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Lorenzelli Arte of Milan, Italy
- Montrasio Arte / KMO of Monza, Italy
Presents showcases recent work from emerging artists at young galleries less than ten years old. Look here for the next big thing.
- Document Art Gallery of Buenos Aires, Argentina presents Mariana Sissia and Hernan Soriano
- El Apartamento of Havana, Cuba presents Reynier Leyva Novo
- Galerie Alberta Pane presents Ivan Moudov
- Galerie Jérôme Poggi of Paris, France presents Kapwani Kiwanga and Larissa Fassler
- Arredondo Arozarena of Mexico City, Mexico presents Francisco Ugarte and Daniel Monroy Cuevas
- 80M2 Livia Benavides of Lima, Peru presents Iosu Aramburu and Sandra Gamarra
- Revolver Galeria of Lima, Peru presents Jose Carlos Martinat
- Sabrina Amrani of Madrid, Spain presents Timothy Hyunsoo Lee
Latin Focus: curated by Gabriel Ritter
Gabriel Ritter curates today’s most compelling artists. Ritter is the Minneapolis Institute of Art curator of contemporary art.
- Barro of Buenos Aires, Argentina is presenting work by Amalia Ulman and NicanorAráoz
Parisian Laundry of Montréal, Canada is presenting work by Gabriele Beveridge
- PrometeoGallery Di Ida Pisani of Milan, Italy is presenting work by Maria Evélia Marmolejo and Regina José Galindo
- The Drawing Room of Makati City, Philippines is presenting work by José Santos III
- Max Estrella of Madrid, Spain is presenting work by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer
- Lundgren Gallery of Palma de Mallorca, Spain is presenting work by Carter Mull
Latin Platform: curated by Jen Mergel
Jen Mergel curates 15 large-scale, site-responsive projects by internationally acclaimed artists. Mergel is Vice President Programming, AAMC, and Founding Managing Director, Curatorial Network Accelerator of Boston.
South African artist Mary Sibande is represented by Gallery MOMO
Argentine artist Amalia Pica is represented by König Galerie
French photographer JR is represented by Jeffrey Deitch
Armory Show 2018 Tickets
General Admission is $47
Students (with valid ID): $30
Seniors (65+): $30
Accompanied children under 12: Free
Group tickets for groups of 10+: $35
Combination all-day Armory Show + Volta ticket: $65
Armory Show tickets are sold for entry on:
- Weekdays (Thursday – Friday)
- Weekdays Happy Hour (Thursday – Friday 5 – 8 pm is the cheapest ticket)
- Saturday afternoon (12 – 3 pm)
- Saturday evening (3 – 8 pm)
- Sunday afternoon (12 – 3 pm)
- Sunday evening (3 – 8 pm)
Tickets are available at the door. Buy online to skip the line. There is a $1.25 online service fee.
Buy tickets at www.thearmoryshow.com
Online ticket holders must enter at Pier 92.
Visit the Armory Show 2018
Piers 92 & 94
711 Twelfth Ave, New York, NY 10019
(at 55th St)
- Thursday – Saturday, March 8 – 10: 12 – 8 pm
- Sunday, March 11: 12 – 6 pm