The Joyce Theater is one of NYC’s leading dance theaters.
It’s the home of many New York, American, and international dance companies.
Joyce Theater Features
American Dance Platform 2023 Brings African American Dance to The Joyce Theater
Tuesday-Sunday, January 10-15, 2023
Continue Reading American Dance Platform 2023 Brings African American Dance to The Joyce Theater
Joyce Theater News
Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo dances two programs of classical ballet in drag; at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea; Tuesday, December 20, 2022 – Sunday, January 8, 2023. From $71. joyce.org 🏳️🌈
The 7th American Dance Platform, is an African American dance showcase, curated by Ronald K. Brown; that features Les Ballet Afrik, B Moore Dance, and Waheedworks; at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; from January 10-15, 2023. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Les Ballet Afrik vogues for the American Dance Platform at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 7:30pm, and Friday, January 13, at 8pm. From $26. joyce.org 🇺🇸
B. Moore Dance from Dallas, brings African American contemporary dance to the American Dance Platform at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 7:30pm, and Saturday, January 14, at 8pm. From $26. joyce.org 🇺🇸
WaheedWorks brings African American contemporary street dance to the American Dance Platform at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 8pm, and Sunday, January 15, at 1pm. From $26. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Ronald K. Brown/Evidence brings two African American contemporary dance premieres to the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Tuesday-Sunday, January 17-22, 2023. From $26. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Rennie Harris of Philadelphia’s Puremovment presents the Bessie Award-winning “Rome & Jewels,” a contemporary street dance version of “Romeo & Juliet;” at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Tuesday-Sunday, February 7-12, 2023. From $51. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago celebrates its 45th year of contemporary dance at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Tuesday-Sunday, February 14-19, 2023. From $51. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Versa-Style Dance Company of Los Angeles presents “Freemind Freestyle,” contemporary street dance to Latin salsa, merengue and cumbia; at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; on Tuesday-Saturday, February 21-25, 2023. From $41. joyce.org 🇺🇸
Batsheva Dance Company of Tel Aviv presents “Hora” to Tomita, by Ohad Naharin, contemporary dance about individuality within a collective; at the Joyce Theater in Chelsea, NYC; for two weeks, Tuesday-Sunday, February28 – March 12, 2023. From $61. joyce.org 🇮🇱
- Arturo O’Farrill jazz music. 🇨🇺
- AXIS Dance Company disability. joyce.org 🇺🇸
- Ayodele Casel tap joyce.org 🇵🇷
- Black Grace New Zealand Pacific Folkloric contemporary. joyce.org 🏳️🌈
- BodyTraffic contemporary joyce.org 🇺🇸🇨🇺🇪🇸
- Botis Seva hip-hop. joyce.org 🇬🇧
- Christopher Williams queer ballet. joyce.org 🏳️🌈
- Compañia Nacional de Danza led by former City Ballet principal Joaquín de Luz. joyce.org 🇪🇸
- Complexions Contemporary Ballet 🇺🇸 🇨🇴 🇮🇹
- Dorrance Dance tap. joyce.org 🇺🇸
- Flamenco Vivo flamenco joyce.org 🇪🇸
- Fouad Boussouf: Näss contemporary Moroccan folk, hip-hop. joyce.org 🇫🇷🇲🇦
- L.A. Dance Project contemporary, directed by French dancer Benjamin Millepied (NY City Ballet) joyce.org 🇫🇷
- Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo drag ballet joyce.org 🏳️🌈
- L-E-V contemporary. joyce.org 🇮🇱
- Limón Dance Company modern joyce.org 🇲🇽
- Malpaso Dance Company contemporary. joyce.org 🇨🇺
- Michela Marino Lerman tap joyce.org 🇺🇸
- Paul Taylor Dance Company modern dance. joyce.org 🇲🇽
- Rennie Harris hip-hop. joyce.org 🇺🇸
- Ronald K. Brown/EVIDENCE contemporary African joyce.org 🇺🇸
- Sankofa Danzafro Afro-Colombian contemporary joyce.org 🇨🇴
- Soledad Barrio & Noche Flamenca flamenco joyce.org 🇪🇸
- Stephen Petronio Company contemporary. joyce.org 🇮🇹
About the Joyce Theater
The Joyce Theater is New York’s main dance theater, after Lincoln Center and New York City Center.
The 472-seat theater runs a 45-48 week season for over 150,000 dance lovers every year.
Since the Joyce opened in 1982, it has been the New York home for over 400 dance companies from around the world. It is the legacy of Publishers Clearing House founders LuEsther Turner Metz and her daughter Joyce. The Joyce Foundation also develops dance in Cuba and around the world.
The theater first opened in 1941 as the Elgin Theater, a movie house.
Chelsea is a fun neighborhood with lots of shopping, restaurants, and bars.
Joyce Theater Tickets
175 Eighth Avenue
(at 19th St)
(A)(C)(E) or (L) to 8th Ave – 14th St.
Walk 5 blocks.
Special discounted tickets are available by calling the box office. (212) 242-0800
Latin African, ballet, contemporary, dance, disability, drag, flamenco, folk, gospel, hip-hop, house, modern, tap