Summer Streets NYC 2022 turns Centre St, Lafayette and Park Avenue into a pedestrian and bicycle route with rest stops of family entertainment along the way from Brooklyn Bridge to “El Barrio” East Harlem on the first three Saturdays in August.
Everyone is invited to play, run, walk and bike along Park Avenue without cars. About 300,000 people join the fun. This is a great date or a family day.
Summer Streets goes through the Financial District, Chinatown, NoHo, Union Square, Gramercy Park, Kips Bay, Murray Hill, Midtown East, Upper East Side, and “El Barrio” East Harlem.
We like biking through the Park Avenue Tunnel in Murray Hill. It is so strange going through there on foot or bicycle. In fact, the experience of New York City without cars is something you will never forget.
Summer Streets NYC 2022
Summer Streets NYC 2022 is on Centre St, Lafayette and Park Avenue, from Brooklyn Bridge to “El Barrio” East Harlem on Saturday, August 6, 13 & 20, 2022 from 7am – 1pm. Free.
This is a great day for biking. Citi Bike is offering free day passes on Saturday, August 6, 2022.
Rest Stops & Activities
- Uptown Rest Stop is on Park Avenue at 109th St.
It offers an Arts and Culture Hub, Pop-Up Performances, Water Station, Go! Sports inline skating, Play Mobile table games, and an Art Stop (selfies).
- All-woman Brazilian drum line Fogo Azul performs on Saturday, August 6 at 12pm. 🇧🇷
- The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs on Saturday, August 20 at 9am, 10:30am and 12noon.
- Upper East Rest Stop is on Park Avenue at 81st St.
It offers a water station, Fitness Class Stage, Fit Club NY physical therapy, Black Girls Do Bike (pep squad on wheels that stops at Black historical points), and free bike rentals.
- Midtown Rest Stop is on Park Avenue at 51st St.
It offers a bike valet, NYC Water on the Go, an Art and Culture Hub, Performance Stage, an Art Stop (selfies), ZING! Kids Fitness, and GoGo Squeeze (applesauce).
- Calpulli Mexican Dance Company performs on Saturday, August 13 at 12noon. 🇲🇽
- The Afro-Latineers perform on Saturday, August 20 at 10am.
- Rose Hill Rest Stop is on Park Avenue between 26th and 27th St.
It offers bike repair, an Art Stop (selfies), Dance Party NYC (10am – 1pm), NYC Water on the Go, Accessibility Station, DSNY Trucks of Art, NYC DOT Truck’s Eye View, Learn to Ride, Bike Valet, Free bike rentals, NYC DOT Bike Helmet Fitting and an Explore NYC Rainwater interactive installation.
- Astor Place Rest Stop is on Lafayette St at Astor Place (8th St).
It offers a Bike Valet, NYC Water on the Go, A Taste of Summer sampler, The Movement Creative parkour playground, and Fitness Class Stage.
- Foley Square Rest Stop is on Duane St at Centre St.
It offers NYC Water on the Go, Free bike rentals, an Art Stop, Topo Chicho Beverage Zone, Dance Party NYC (10am-1pm), Cooling Zone, and Adaptive Basketball.
Thanks DOT NYC!
See you at Summer Streets NYC 2022! nyc.gov